Saturday, October 31, 2009

Do you take Metformin for Insulin resistance?

If you take it, what side effects have YOU had personally? I know what the side effects are in the package warning, but I am curious to know what side effects people who are taking this medicine are having. Also, if you are taking birth control also, since the medication is only to help with insulin resistance, do you have any added side effects in combining the two medications
Answer:
I am a guy so I can't speak to the Birth control issues but I can tell you I think the most widely shared side effect is diarrhea. After that people complain of stomach pain and nausea. Those are the issues I read about the most. Also if you like to drink be careful. The combination of too much alcohol over time with Metformin can lead to lactic acidosis in your kidney's, that’s serious and can kill you. I quit drinking just in case. I have seen a few people say they get really upset stomachs after drinking. Others say they have had no problem. I personally only had an issue with the diarrhea. It can be rough the first few weeks, but after two or three weeks it went away. Most all the side effect go away with in a month you just have to hang in there.
ask your doctor. or an endocrinologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Do you know Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net