Saturday, October 31, 2009

Do you know anything about non-hodgkins lymphoma?

I have had a large lump in the groin area for at least 8 weeks. Finally went to doctor today and he says that this is what he thinks I have and I have lots of tests to go for. I had to leave because my baby was crying and I did not get all of the information. Part of me just wants to forget this and not go back and not have the tests and not tell my husband. I thought it was just a cyst or ingrown hair or something. Did anyone ever here of this or know anything about this.
Answer:
I have Non Hodgkins, I was diagnosed in March of 2004, I also had the node in the groin, which raised the flag.
Go back for the tests and please share with your husband and other family members.
They will have to do a biopsy of the node to determine what type of NHL you have, this will help in determining what type of treatment your Dr will recommend. You will need to have a PET Scan or CT Scan possibly both to see if any other areas of your body are involved.
Treatment options vary depending on the Type and Stage. You might be in the Watch and Wait if its not aggressive, there are so many various treatment options and while it is not considered curable it is very treatable. There are alot of new treatments in the pipeline. With good family support the treatments are doable. You will survive this. Keep strong and when you go to see your Dr again , see if you can get a babysitter and take someone with you so that while you ask questions, the person with you can keep note of the answers
Good Luck and God Bless
Check this website...http://www.oncologychannel.com/nonhodgki...You should be concerned but it sounds like they can't be sure until they do a biopsy. I hope everything will be just fine.good luck!
Doing nothing is a guaranteed death sentence. For your baby's sake, you had better get it treated ASAP.
Listen to Rob. I was going to post very similar answer. Even if you attachement parent, it is very important to have someone else care for your baby while you are talking to the doctor. Take someone with you to listen and take notes because you won't remember it all yourself. If you don't want to leave your baby with someone, then take another person who can keep the baby occupied at your appointment so you can focus. If you are breastfeeding, then nurse your baby during your appointment. Your baby will be happy and you will be able to focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Do you know Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net