Sunday, October 25, 2009

Do you have any medication allergies?

What made you find out, any bad reactions?I am allergic to Vicodin. I took it when I got my wisdom teeth out, and I only took one, and it made me puke for 3 days and lost 9 lbs, and I had to go to the hospital for dehuydration. It sucked.
Answer:
penicillin and keflex---death warrants for me.
this is how most people find out about an allergy. now that you know, make sure your loved ones are aware and it is noted on every medical document.
pennicyllin and arythromycin. i became allergic to pennicyllin years ago because i did not take it as i was supposed to. if i felt better i did not take it and then took it again when i felt sick (for bronchitis or something). you can not do that. i got itchy bumps on my fingers and that was a sign that i became allergic to it, so beware people and take your meds right
Most anti-biotics for me. There are very few I can take. Started having reactions originally with penicillin, (about the age of 12) just rashes. Then it progressively got worse with every time they had to be taken, from rashes, to flu like symptoms and headaches. One even made the back of my eyeballs itch!!
Be sure to carry in your wallet a medical alert card that states what your allergic to. You can make one up right on the computer yourself.
What you experience wasnt an allergy but a typical side effect of Vicodin - puking. You puked so much that you got dehydrated. However, you might have reacted to the anesthesia that may have given you when you have your teeth extracted. Puking is also a typical side effect of anesthesia.
Talk to your oral surgeon about this so you will have a better understanding of what may have happen.
Erthythromycin, bacctram or anything with sulphur in it. I found out the same way you did, nausea vomiting, severe stomach cramps, chills and sweats.
I am allergic to theophylline. I wound up in the emergency room. I lost 11 pounds in three days. I never did get all my strength back. That was years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Do you know Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net