Sunday, October 25, 2009

Do you have anemia?

If so, please state which kind of anemia it is and the cause of it and the symptoms. You can also include the treatment if you want. Thank you.
Answer:
I have iron-deficiency anemia. I have had it since I was a teenager and the symptoms include fatigue, weakness, paleness of the inner eyelids and hands. I also crave ice, salt, and have even craved paint when it got really bad. I am supposed to take precription iron however the side effects are horrible. the iron is very harsh on my stomach so I control mine through diet and rest. When it is not enough I use the iron reluctantly. Hope this was enough information.
no
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej1_uac-y...
My physician noticed a drop in my hemoglobin and sent me to a hematologist who confirmed it and prescribed an iron compound. Then I was sent to a gastroenterologist who discovered I had an erosive esophagus and when that cleared up, my "anemia" disappeared.
No. I'm sorry you or someone you know does.
i dont have anemia. y do u ask?
I have autoimmune hemolytic anemia. Only 4 out of 100,000 have this type of anemia. There is no known cause for this type of anemia. I was on prednisone for over 2 years, during that time I have a chemo treatment of retuxa but it didn't help me. I is helpful to some but not all. I finally had my spleen removed and for the last 19 months I have had no problems with the anemia. Some people with autoimmune hemolytic anemia may have no symptoms, especially when the destruction of red blood cells is mild and develops gradually. Others have symptoms similar to those that occur with other types of anemia, especially when the destruction is more severe or rapid. When severe or rapid destruction of red blood cells occurs, mild jaundice may also develop. When destruction persists for a few months or longer, the spleen may enlarge, resulting in a sense of abdominal fullness and, occasionally, discomfort.When the cause of autoimmune hemolytic anemia is another disease, symptoms of the underlying disease, such as swollen and tender lymph nodes and fever, may dominate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Do you know Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net