Sunday, October 25, 2009

Do u think it was right thing that my mom had to do ?

its a very funny incident. i was very scared of needles n injections that doctors use.when i was just 8 yr old, my mom took me to doctor for injection. i was not aware of that, but when i came to knew that i started shouting very loudly
it was impossible for doctor to give me injection, so my mom had to clamp her hand on my mouth to smother my screams. she kept her hand tightly pressed on my mouth until doctor was finished with his job.if she wouldnt had covered my mouth, i would have created a scene out there coz i was screaming really hard.this incident really makes me laugh till now
and what more, it was winter season that time and my mom was wearing thick skin tight leather gloves. now just tell me, is it possible for 8 yr old to make a noise in that situation?
my screams were totally suffocated.thank god i didnt had a blocked nose that day.do u think that my mom did the right thing at that moment? n why?
Answer:
I think it was the only choice your mother had. If she didn't do it, you may have created a very big scene and your mother will be embarrassed. If it was me, I don't think I will do it. It may suffocate you and you may die 'cos your mum was wearing thick skin tight leather gloves. Anyway, after so many years, I think you have forgive your mum already right?
Well since your doctor is an ignorant idiot. I used to scream like a banshee when I got shots accompanied by lots of tears. Kids do that but, your mom was merely trying to be compliant with the "God Complex" instead of finding another and better doctor.
I would say you recieved the lesser of 2 evils as they say.A lost "art form" was you would have had your backside blistered and blistered good so the next time you went for an injection and cried beyond a reasonable volume you would of known what was coming when you got home so you force your self to calm down.It sounds harsh I know because I've been on the recieving end of such "hands on"approaches but It didn't kill me and I thank my parents that they didn't take the soft approach on me.It helped me avoid the peer pressures and social temptations to involve myself with undesirable substances when I was young for fear of a good whippin'.I would say your mother did what she thought was best at the moment and that is what parenting is all about.
Hi shan a,LQQK hopefully someday you will be a parent %26 your kid/kids goes ballistic at the doctor's office then you will have some idea why %26 what she did to prevent ballistic-outbrusts so you could get the needed infections.
I always told my kids when they were getting shots %26 yes all 4 of the kids all went ballistic but at the doctors office they had a plastic board with velco strips (almost like a strait jacket ) the nurse %26 doctor would lay the kid down then strap them in so no kicking, pinching, biting etc. while I stood %26 tried to comfort them %26 be telling them it'll be over before you know it then you can have a sucker. Considering the doctor could only use this up until age five, I had many bruises from holding kids on my lap,not to mention pinched arms. My oldest son would pass out just seeing the needle but smelling salts brought him back to life (that's how damn scared he was) %26 by then it was over %26 he got the sucker. So I'd say yes your Mom did what she thought right at the time %26 at the same time what was the matter with that doctor, but in today's society that would be a form of child abuse-suffocating the little darlings. Have a good day. :0)
P.S. I didn't look at profile but this will give you some incite what parents go through %26 it's a good thing you can laugh about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Do you know Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net