Saturday, October 31, 2009

Do you know anyone suffering from cancer?

If so, how has it affected your family?
Answer:
My mother in law is battling breast cancer now. It has spread to her lungs and to other tissues. She is getting treatment from the Cancer Treatment Centers Of America(the closest one to us is in Tulsa, OK) They have told her they cant cure it that they can just treat it with chemo and hopefully giver at least a few more years. Its been really hard financally with my father in law having to take off and I have taken her to some treatments to. All last year we did the chemo and then radiation and finished up 1rst week of december well they did scans after that and said she had no cancer anywhere well by march it was back and had spread to all the other places and was even bigger than it was intially. Its hard never knowing if today or tommorrow will be her last. We are just trying to make the rest of the time she has as happy and give her some good memories for when she worsens. I have a almost 6 year old and a 4 year old and am trying to let them spend as much time as she feels up to them being there with her. Holidays are now a big deal because we never know if this is the last one. Hope this answer answers your question.
My aunt used to have cancer. She lived far away, and we would go see her a lot. Every time my mom talked to her on the phone, it would be so bad, she'd cry, then everyone else cried. She died of it eventually.
I am. It doesn't seem to affect anyone as much as it does me. I happen to be fairly young. People think my aches and pains are depression but I know better.Only time will tell
My daughter who is 48 has just been diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. It is pulling the whole family together right now, but she hasn't started chemo yet and that terrifies me. We will find out more Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Do you know Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net