Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Do You think I have acanthosis Nigricans?

I went to the doctors about 5 months ago with a condition I've had since I was about 12.
I get brown scarring below my breasts under my arms and around my neck.
I went to the docs who told me I had Pitriasis Versicolor and suggested selsun I must admit I only tried it about three times but I got impatient and now they say I've got Acanthosis Nigricans.
BUT I'm not extremely over weight and my insulin level is normal.
And when the affected area is wet if I scratch it lots of dead skin comes off.
And my breasts have very flakey skin almost like severe dandruff I think this Is Pitryaisis versicolor not Acanthosis Nigrican what do u think??
Answer:
diabetes is just one of the causes of Acanthosis Nigrican.
You doctor may have diagnosed you with this because he thought the selsun didnt work on the Pityriasis. Did you tell your doctor you didn't use it as was fully recommended? If he assumed you used it correctly and to the entire length of time, it may look to him like your symptoms didnt respond to treatment.Of course i don't know your medical history so i can't say for sure what you have. If you really feel that the diagnosis is wrong, you should tell your doctor and ask for an alternative treatment for Pityriasis, as i have read that there are several treatment options. From my reading and your descriptions it sounds as if you are describing the pityriasis Versicolor, which is basically a complex yeast infection of the skin. Pressure your doctor to pursue another treatment, possibly read up on the treatments of it and mention a treatment you would like to try. Don't be afraid of being persistent with your doctor. The doctor's goals are to get patients in and out as fast as possible and this may make them overlook certain details.Best wishes
Questions: Does it itch? How old are you? And is the surface of this scarring rough like a carpet? If it itches, it could be Pitiriasis versicolor, a dermatomycosis. If it spreads, this also speaks in favour of this. But if you have it for a long time, and if it is rough on the surface, then it could also be acanthosis nigricans. However, this disease is very often a "side effect" of cancer. So, if you are not old, have it long and don't have any other symptoms, then it is probably not acanthosis nigricans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Do you know Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net