Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Do you think my spondylolysis is nearly healed?

Ok I'm 16 years old and I was having back problems during basketball season and I went and got a cat scan and they found out that I have spondylolysis.i was diagnosed in the middle of March and I 've been wearing a back brace since then...ocassionally i feel a slight ache here and there but i feel its gettin better...i get another catscan in about 4 weeks...i've already started ab tightening exercises in physical therapy.but yea..do you think my spine is nearly healed becuase i really want to get back to playin basketball and gettin trainin for football.its been so hard havin to watch everyone else play.
Answer:
NO it is too soon. Absolutely NO exercise.
You are doing the right thing, back brace and exercise. Now you will have to wait for the Cat Scan, but if the inflammation has subsided, congratulations and I expect they just might let you start back at basketball. However WAIT for the Cat Scan, do not do anything silly, stupid, just wait because it might be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Do you know Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net