Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Do you think that's still MIGRAINE if you don't have ALL of the symptoms?

What do you think?One sided headache with a throbbing pain that lasts about three days or more (the first being the most painful). A very localized pain that sometimes connects with the neck and eye. It gets worse with movement and efforts.No nausea, no vomiting, no photophobia, no phonophobia. I already went to the doc, an on duty doctor, he told me it's possibly a migraine. He said I should see my family doctor to keep track of it and have a more accurate diagnose. He told me that I might be asked to keep a diary about the headaches.
Answer:
There is a new development in migraine therapy:
http://www.neurologyreviews.com/feb04/nr...
Not all people experience all of the symptoms of a migrane. See if certian foods or activities trigger it, and stay away from the things that trigger it
This is correct information that your doctor gave you.most migraines are triggered by something in your life. Usually stress...keep track of your daily activities and when you have these headaches. Everyone does not get nausea and vomiting or light sensitivity.
go see your doc just incase it is something more then you think.. it sound like a migraine, but it could be just an ordinary headache also..
have you had your sleep lately or are missing some or maybe you are getting to much...
what about stress? are you stressing alot lately... just beware and keep notes if you can.. best of luck
It is possible that you're still experiencing a migraine, even without all of the symptoms. I do not get nausea and vomiting from mine either.Migraines are kinda tricky for an on-call doctor to diagnose, because they do not know you. Your doctor will have a more complete history. And yes, a headache diary is ALWAYS helpful when trying to diagnose headaches (not just migraines).For example, I have three different headaches, migraines, tension, and sinus...and actually they are all very similar in where the pain is located. My migraine was actually diagnosed first after keeping a headache diary (I was told to start before my Neurology consult) for about 2 weeks, keeping track of onset, first symptoms, duration, any alleviating or aggravating factors, any foods that are known triggers (caffeine, wine, and hormones are a couple of my old triggers). next, I was diagnosed a few years later with symptoms I thought was a migraine, but with one additional...the pain radiated back around to my head and neck sending me to the emergency room thinking I had meningitis...and was diagnosed as tension...they put a heating pad on the back of my head and neck while we waited for blood tests.The last is my sinus headaches, which are ALSO behind my eyes, but they only occur when I've got real serious seasonal allergies, a cold/flu, or sinus infection and tend to be alleviated only with decongestants/antibiotics.Your personal doctor will be able to diagnose you a lot better than a doctor from an urgent center or ER...because they know you.
Migraines are tricky. You don't always have the same symptoms. Chances are that if you have one once, you'll get them again, sorry. Keep track of your symptoms and explain the problem to your chiropractor. They are the ones to give you most relief and get it at the souce. Until you get there, try heat on your neck followed by gentle neck excercises (sides, forward and back 10 sec. ea.) will give you some relief. (best in the evening when you're most warmed up). Good luck and take it easy. I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Do you know Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net