Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Doctors please help me.?

I need a kind of help please.
In 2005 I was suffering from tuberculosis one of the most killer disease in the world.
Fortunately, I got treatment, an eight month dose.after treatment I went for check up to have a look whether I recovered Or not, The doctor told me that I was ok/fine but what worries me is I still feel the same symptoms I used to feel when I had not yet started treatment.can I still be suffering from it, I mean didnt I recover?
Answer:
I'm not a doctor but I am a TB nurse.
If your original disease was in your lungs you were most certainly cured of it. If it was in a lymph node then you would require a minimum of 9 months treatment to eradicate it. If it was in your brain/nervous system then a minimum of one years treatment is needed.
You can catch tb more than once. So if you have night sweats, weight loss, lethargy and with or with out a cough it's possible you have caught it again rather that a reoccurance. See you GP for referral to a chest clinic.
There is now a far better way of diagnosis than sputum testing. It's called Quantiferon TB Gold, or T'spot blood testing. Both are almost 100% accurate in people who are not immunocompromised. The chest clinic can do the test for you.
well even though you are recovered but you are not fully recovered yet but maybe you probably just got a bit of a sore throat from it that's all don't worry it will clear up soon.and I'm not a doctor by the way
You should go to your GP and ask him/her.
We can't diagnose you on here unfortunately
TB is a very debilitating and all - consuming disease (hence why it used to be called consumption in the old days) which will take a long time to recover from. Your recovery probably also depends on how much of your body the infection has spread to. You don't say if it was confined to your lungs or spread further. If you have taken your course of medication and the doctor says you are ok, then you should have nothing to worry about. If you are still feeling very ill then ask the doctor to take a sputum/ saliva sample to culture, as this is the only way you can confirm that the infection has definitely gone or not.
if it haven't been long since you recovered from tuberculosis and yet you still feel like before treatment then don't worry give it a time but if it's been since considerably from a long time then i suggest that you see a doctor ...
however i should see a doctor for either ways just to be sure on your health.
i hope i helped
Were you tested for HIV before treatment?? That can delay recovery from TB...
No possible way you could be advised on line whether or not recovery is complete. You would need to consult your doctor again if you are worried.
I agree with "Dr. Frank" and "Minerva". You're nuts to be here looking for a diagnosis. Why would you be asking this question of people who can't possibly run the necessary tests in order to give you a definitive answer?Speak to your doctor STAT and report your symptoms. Let your doctor assess and diagnose you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Do you know Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net