Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Doc Said i Have A Cyst in my Brain!! Need Help?

this is kinda long so bear with me. i have been having headaches since i was a teenager and recently it started getting worse. i was loosing coordination and had this pain in my left eye like someone punched me all the time. The headaches got so bad i couldnt stand it, so i went to the E.R and had a Ct scan done and the doc told me i have a 2cm cyst in the center of my brain. So he scheduled an appt with a neurologist and an eye doc. well the headaches have been getting worse and my appt is still 3 weeks away but everywhere i go for help they act like i'm a drug addict looking to get high and don't want to give me anything strong enough to help (Naproxen) So the question is how do i tell the doc i need something stronger until my appt without looking like an addict. Also the only thing that i've had help me is some painkillers that my father gives me they are hydrocodone 5/500 should i tell my doc this??
Answer:
Of course you should go to your doctor. I'm sure he won't think you're an addict - he will be aware of your condition.
Yes, tell him about the tablets your father gave you, he may be able to prescribe something similar.
Good luck.
You should tell your doctor what painkillers you are having, yes. One way that you can tell your doctor is to explain how bad these headaches are, and go into depth to really describe them. Usually doctors will listen if you do this, complain enough. But make sure to tell him that it would help to use a stronger painkiller. Don't mention about drug addiction, just tell him this.
Go back to the ER and say " look guys you were the ones that did the correct diagnosis and I did my part and made the appointments you recommended - but I got 3 weeks to wait for the appointments and the pain is killing me. Now either give me something strong enough to touch neurological pain or send me to someone who will see me today."
first and foremost/ DO NOT take meds that r someone elses/ and they were not prescribred for u/call your dr NOW /and tell him it is getting worse/good luck/also call the other appointments and inform them/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Do you know Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net